Officials claim that on Wednesday night, a fire started at a departure gate at Kolkata’s Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, sparking chaos and panic among travellers. There were no fatalities recorded.
According to an official statement from the Kolkata airport, a tiny fire broke out at the check-in area portal D at 9.12pm and was completely doused by 9:40pm.”All passengers were safely evacuated due to the presence of smoke in the area, and the check-in process was suspended.” Check-in and business operations were restored around 10:15 p.m.
According to officials, the Airports Authority of India (AAI) has initiated an inquiry into the fire at the Calcutta airport.
The fire broke out at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport’s check-in area at 9.12 p.m. on Wednesday, causing commotion and panic among travellers, according to witnesses.
In a previous interview with PTI, West Bengal incident Services Minister Sujit Bose said, “Initially, it appears that some fault related to the air conditioning system caused the fire.” He had stated that a probe will be carried out to ascertain the precise reason. According to an AAI spokeswoman, an investigation into the fire has begun.
The fire was out at 9.40 p.m., and check-in service resumed at 10.25 p.m., according to officials. They stated no one was hurt in the accident and that no arriving flights were delayed.
After a fire broke out at the 3C departure gate, the entire airport was shrouded in dense black smoke.
Scindia describes the situation as unfortunate.
Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia called the fire “unfortunate” in a tweet.
Everything is in order, according to the airport director with whom I spoke. No injuries had been recorded, he added, and everyone was safe.
The check-in procedure restarted at 22:25 hrs, according to Scindia, who said that the cause of the fire will be determined as soon as possible.
Airport officials utilised their firefighters to extinguish the fire since there was such a rush of travellers. An officer of the law stated, “The cooling process started after the fire was put out.
Probability of a short circuit.
Following an initial examination, officials determined that the incident might have been caused by a short circuit.
Sujit Bose, State Fire Services Minister, told PTI that his agency has despatched four fire tenders to help the Airports Authority of India (AAI) combat the flames.
“At first glance, it appears that the fire was caused by an issue with the air conditioning system.” He said, “After an inquiry, the precise cause will be made known.
For more information:-All in one trendz: Discover the national and international news