In this era of social media and professional networking, LinkedIn has become one of the most used apps all over India. Nowadays, youngsters are shifting from another social media to LinkedIn because of its recent updates. LinkedIn has launched creator mode and branded content library through its updates and it is grabbing the attention of young professionals as well as content creators. In this blog, we are going to embark on the latest updates of LinkedIn that made it the cool place to be in the digital sphere.
- What is creator mode?
LinkedIn launched creator mode in March 2021. Creator mode is a specialized profile setting that is designed to help an individual who wants to be more active and influential on LinkedIn. When you enable creator mode your profile is optimized for content creation and visibility. This feature helps you to grow your network and make sure your content reaches the most people. You can also enable your creator mod if you have 150 followers or connections. Recently approximately 17M people have enabled creator mode of their profile.
There are some key features of creator mode and they are as follows.
- Display of your follow count: Creator mode displays your followers count more prominently on your profile and it encourages others to follow you for your insights and more updates.
- Featured and highlighted content: You can highlight your top content like posts and articles at the top of your profile so visitors can easily see your most important and valuable work.
- Connecting with your community: Creator mode encourages engagement with your followers and helps you to build a community around your content.
- Follow button: When you enable creator mode the connect button transforms to follow button. It allows people to follow you directly without sending connection requests and you can grow your network easily.
- Access to creator tools: You can get exclusive tools to get insights into your followers and your post performance.
- Badge of creator: When you enable creator mode you receive a ‘creator’ badge on your profile and it signifies that you share valuable content and insights.
How to enable creator mode?
- Open the LinkedIn app
- Go to your profile and tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Click the pencil icon on the top right corner of your profile to enter editing mode.
- Scroll down to the ‘creator mode’ section and toggle it.
- You can also customize your profile and highlight specific areas of expertise and interests.
- Once you have made your selections, click on ‘save’.
That’s it now you have enabled creator mode on your profile and you can enjoy all the benefits of creator mode.
- What is the content library?
Last month, LinkedIn launched a new search function for branded content partnerships. This feature will help users to get all the information through the new tags used by marketing campaigns. You can search for branded content partnerships by searching keywords and dates in LinkedIn’s ad library section. Users can easily see the transparency of paid promotion as brands will use influencers to promote them on the app by giving users more competitive insights.
Meta and TikTok also added this feature and now LinkedIn also allows users to track the various brands which deal with influencers. It could be one of the most helpful tools of marketing at this point in time. LinkedIn reported that the sharing of original content on the app is increased by 41% in 2022. So right influencer for the right brand can make the marketing campaign of a brand stronger.
In conclusion, we can say LinkedIn’s updates like the introduction of creator mode and content library have brought new opportunities to professionals as well as content creators. These two features will help you to showcase your expertise, engage with your network, brand marketing in more meaningful ways.