Recently, quantities of lithium known as white gold have been discovered in Jammu and Kashmir. 5.9 million lithium has been found in Resi district of Jammu and Kashmir. But the quality and quantity of the lithium that has been found is not yet known, so it has been kept in the G3 category. So more research will be needed.
The world’s most lithium is found in Chile at 9.1 million tones. Second is Australia from where 5.7 million tones of quantity has been found.
Lithium is mostly found in South Africa. Like, Argentina and Chile. China does not have much quantity of lithium but produces the most lithium batteries.
China controls 58% of the lithium processing globally, second Chile and third Argentina.
Uses of lithium
- The lifespan of a lithium battery is 10 times more compared to other batteries and 50 to 60 times lighter in weight.
- In renewable energy, lithium is also used in the power grid.
- Where the growth of solar energy and wind energy will increase, the need for lithium will also increase.
- Lithium is used everywhere from mobile battery, laptop battery, from small toys to big cars.
Disadvantage of natural resources
- Water pollution increases as water becomes worse for the amount of lithium to escape.
- The surrounding environment also deteriorates to extract lithium. And the land nearby also deteriorates.
- The nearby forest area is also affected. The nearby agricultural land is also affected and the crops are also damaged.
- Where there are more natural resources, the rate of disease is also higher.
- A problem like Jeshal Math in Jammu and Kashmir can also occur due to lithium extract.
- It won’t take much time to turn heaven-like Kashmir into a hell by extracting quantities of lithium.
- According to the economy, the country will come forward, but the environment and the health of the people there will be badly affected.
Leave a Reply